Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Green with Envy

Right now I have been loving emerald green, black and white for a wedding colour scheme. I know I have been saying that yellow is my colour, but I don't know. Green is threatening to take its place. The green/black/white combo is classy, I think, but also fun, with the bright emerald hue thrown in there. Here is my inspiration photo, from Etsy... Isn't it gorgeous? (It's a wedding guest book.)

And here is a bridesmaid dress in emerald green. Love it! And I like her hair! Kind of a vintage style, non? Love the whole look. I think I could add my own flair to it, too, by adding maybe a string of pearsl (gotta love pearls) and rhinestones or something, and maybe white gloves? I can just see the reception as slightly extravagent but still simple and chic, if you can imagine that. I don't know. Yellow is still a forerunner, but green is catching up!


There is also the option of green AND yellow, though I think it would have to be a more subdued green, as in this picture. Very pretty, though, I think. And I love the bride's hair! I think my friend Leigha told me she wanted a yellow and green colour-scheme, though. Is this what you were imagining, Leigha?


I love this next photo. I think they're poses are really fun - all different, and more natural looking than the traditional look-at-the-camera-and-smile-on-three-everyone look. I definitely would like to have a few shots like this when I get married. Also love these bridesmaid dresses, and their hair, and the flowergirl, and the bouquets... Sigh... I love weddings. Interesting, though, as to how many bridesmaids there are here, though, huh? That's a lot, I think!

And this is one of those inspiration boards made of yellow and green. Lovely! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am also a fan of the green :) That invitation is amazing. I also want the shoes that the model is wearing in the second picture! Wow, eight bridesmaids. That's intense- I think I'd max out at four. Their dresses are awesome, though. Are those all pearl necklaces? Classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think they're pearl necklaces. I absolutely love pearl necklaces; so simple, but so gorgeous.
    But ahhh! Now I'm stuck, debating between green or yellow. Good news is I have a loooonnng time to decide! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete