Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rosamund and Caleb's Wedding

So, it's been more than a month since Rosamund and Caleb got married, and I thought it would be time for a recap of what happened!

So, as you may or may not remember, I was trying to figure out what to wear for this wedding... This is the outfit I decided on, along with a grey short-sleeved sweater with lace on the top. (Don't mind that I'm standing in a bathtub haha! It's the only place I can get a "full-length" shot of myself, in my house!)



So, Abbey-Shae and I bussed to the church together. And this is the view of the sanctuary as we walked in. Rosamund's cousin Bianca, as well as the music/drama pastor, Martha, a pianist from our church named Isaiah, and one of the worship leaders, Aric, were playing and singing some lovely songs.



Isn't the aisle lovely? I heart rose petals. Rosamunds colours, as you can see, were green and pink. Pretty!



We took our seats after admiring the decor, and helping set some food out and such. Soon, the wedding began! Here is one of the bridesmaids (one of Rosamund's sisters), walking down the aisle with a groomsman. I LOVED the bridesmaids' outfits. The dresses were so flattering, and were this really pretty pink (you can't really tell in the photo). And of course, they were wearing PEARLS!! Beautiful! They also carried fans, instead of flowers, which I thought was unique.



Then, it was time for the bride to make her entrance. Oh, how beautiful she looked! She was wearing her grandmother's dress, which her mother had worn, as well. What a lovely touch! Caleb was crying as she walked down to meet him, which the Pastor laughed a bit about, because apparently, beforehand, Caleb had scoffed at the idea of having tissues in his pocket, not thinking he'd be tearing up at all. But he did! It was so sweet.

The ceremony included some interesting touches, such as when Rosamund and Caleb washed each others' feet. In Christian circles, this is a symbol of servanthood. Jesus washed his disciples feet and it shows humility and sacrificial love. It was an interesting ritual to put into the ceremony!

It was a beautiful ceremony all together. A little girl in front of me remarked at one point, "She's a princess!" And gasped. It was so cute. And here is a blurry picture of the kiss! So sweet.



After the kiss was a sort of cocktail hour, kind of thing, with snacks for the guests. Here are some pictures from the foyer.

And here is the back of Rosamund's dress! Since this is Weddingaholic Anonymous, though, I'm not including a picture of the front. Sorry! Haha. But, it's very similar, actually, to Kate Middleton's wedding dress.


And of course some food! Cupcakes, my favourite! :) I had to leave to go to work, unfortunately, after this, so I didn't get a chance to see what the reception was like. But it was a beautiful wedding, and I am so happy for Rosamund and Caleb!





2 comments:

  1. Your outfit turned out nicely :) Still waiting for the post on the most recent wedding and all of the dresses! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! :)
    Ahaha, yes... I will try to post about that wedding shortly. I still also have to finish posting about Sydnee's wedding! So many weddings...

    ReplyDelete