Monday, November 23, 2009

Ooh, technology!

I am writing this post from my cell phone and am marvelling at the fact that I can post a blog entry while laying in my bed. Technology, nowadays, I'm telling you!

So I went and saw New Moon yesterday with Missy and my mom. Oh dear, let me just say: ridiculous. And not in a good way. The books are so much better! SO much better. The audience at the theatre just kept laughing, at parts that were supposed to be serious and not at all funny... But it was a nice little outing with my mom and sister.

Hmm, but anyways. I'm supposed to be writing about weddings. Well, actually, the New Moon thing is actually a good segway into wedding talk, because I was just reading about the wedding that happens (I won't say whose, for the few who haven't read it) in Breaking Dawn. Though because it's totally fictional, I won't say too much about it. I mean, to throw a wedding like that would, in real life, cost a LOT of money. (Good thing the Cullens are conveniently rich! Haha.)

But it made me think of wedding costs. How do people afford to get married in this day and age? I mean, did I ever tell you the approximate price of that golf club resort thingy? The one that's nearby and does weddings? Uh, $10,000. Yeah that's right. And then add in the cost of the dress and other elements that wouldn't be included in the package. It's crazy! I cannot imagine spending ten grand on one day, as special as it is. That would be the cost of the tuition and board for a local Bible school for a year! So, $10,000? No thank you!

But anyhow. That's enough for now. More later!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment