Monday, May 2, 2011

Mamselle Shell

Shell sent me this picture... oh, probably almost a week ago now. Isn't it gorgeous??? I absolutely love everything about it. The beading, the sash, the little flower pin on the sash... Sigh. So beautiful. Too bad there isn't a picture of the whole dress! But it is absolutely stunning.


I was texting with Shell the other day, though, and she said that she tried on her mother's wedding gown - and guess what? It fit her perfectly and she said it actually looked very nice! I haven't seen it at all but she described it to me: "lace at the collar, A-line, medium train. [She'd] remove the sleeves, though." She also said that her "grandma made it, so it would be like including her in the wedding." How sweet would that be? Her grandma passed away this year, so it would be a special way to have her there in spirit, so to speak. Also, she texted me to ask what I thought of a bright yellow bouquet with splashes of red. While not my absolute favourite combination, I think it could look very nice. So we'll see what she decides!

I haven't actually had a chance to talk to her face to face to start planning, but I really can't wait. It's going to be so much fun! I can't believe how everyone is growing up. Shell, I've known since grade eight. We were both flautists in band together. And we've just been really good friends since that time. We've had sooooo many good memories together. Blueberry picking the summer after grade 9, and singing Phantom of the Opera songs in the fields. SEEING Phantom live. Looking at grad dresses one New Years Eve. Going to Oregon with band. Having 'interesting' subs in Spanish class. Going to youth group together (where many an inside joke developed.) Seeing Leigha's high school production of The Wedding Singer together. Going out for coffee and dreaming about the future.

I heart you, Shell! And I'm so happy for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment