Monday, April 25, 2011

Way too Tired to Think of a Clever Title.

I should really go to sleep, as I'm working early in the morning. But I also felt like blogging a bit, since it's been a few days... (er, a week? Wow. Time flies.)

Ha! It's funny, I just checked my "stats" for this blog, and found out that my post about the Princess of Sweden's wedding got the most hits. I bet this is because of Prince William's wedding that's coming up shortly. I have to admit that I'm pretty excited to see what Kate Middleton's dress will look like, though I haven't been following the pre-event stuff religiously at all. (Strange, isn't it? For a wedding-aholic like me?) But I will definitely check out what the wedding looks like the day of. I think I would actually really hate to be Kate Middleton at the moment, in fact, though. So much pressure, so many eyes on her... It must be overwhelming at times. I don't think I could ever do what she's doing, stepping so voluntarily into the limelight. I bet she never imagined that one day, her name would be among the royal names of England, like Queen Victoria and King Henry VIII. But I'm happy for her, at the same time. Her wedding will really be a Princess wedding, like so many girls dream of. I wish her and her Prince all the best. :)

But yes, in other wedding news... I talked to Rosamund the other day (on Good Friday, actually. Which reminds me, HAPPY EASTER!) and saw her temporary ring - it's really pretty! But she's still waiting for her real ring. And I heard how Caleb proposed: it was at her home with her whole family around. She thought that he was just going to make an announcement that they had gotten her parents' permission to marry, but then he got down on one knee and asked her. I also talked to her a bit about her colours. At first, she said she was thinking pink and light grey, but is now also thinking of adding her favourite colour, green, into it, because she saw some invites or something with that colour scheme (they had oriental flowers on them, she said). I'm excited to hear all about the wedding details as they unfold. She and Caleb are actually going to get married right around the same time that Rosie and Adam are getting married as well. Rosamund and Caleb are going to tie the knot at our church, and then they're going to turn the place over to become the reception venue, as well. She asked if I (and some other of the pre-teen youth group leaders) could help her with that, when the time comes. So I said, yes of course! Can't wait for that.

On the topic of Rosie's wedding, I don't have too much to add. There has been some, um, discussion about the bridesmaid dresses over Facebook. They are going to be ankle-length, red, 'handkerchief' dresses. With a possible flower belt and embroidery on it. We're also going to be wearing black flats. We'll see how it goes....

But yeah. I should probably get to bed! More later! XOX.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I haven't seen Rosamund to hear ANY of the wedding details, actually everything I know I heard from Krys and Reece. I want to see the ring, and I didn't know that's how Caleb proposed!

    Ah, yes, the discussion of Rosie's dresses. Who knows Marian, maybe we'll LOVE them at the end. Maybe the embroidery will just fall off and the fabric will be donated and everything will be cheap.

    I feel kind of bad for not totally liking it. I mean I love Rosie and will do anything for the sake of her wedding and I'm sure it will look lovely, I was just hoping that if I had to pay tons of money I'd at least wear it again. Ah well, that's just the way weddings are I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was nice talking to Rosamund about it all. I can't wait to hear about everything she's planning!

    Yes, Rosie's dresses... I'm just trying to imagine really liking them, but I'm with you - I hope it's not too expensive... I'm praying....

    ReplyDelete
  3. GUESS WHAT! I'm invited to Rosamund's wedding! I'm going to help turn the ceremony into the reception venue. WOO HOO! That means I've got THREE weddings! BACK TO BACK. From august to october. CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why wouldn't you be invited to Rosamund's wedding? I knew you would be. ;) Did I not mention in the post above that she wanted some of the leaders from the pre-teen youth group to help her? Hehe. But yes, that IS crazy. As for me, I now have one wedding in July (Sydnee's), one in September (Rosamund's), one in October (Rosie's), and one the following April or May (Shell's). It really is insane. But I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete