Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Friday with Friends

On Friday, I met with a few friends: Leigha, Abbey-Shae and Shell. It was so much fun! Normally, Abbey and I volunteer at our church on Fridays, but it was cancelled, so we decided to meet up and just hang out. Leigha was also free, so we decided to go out for dinner, the three of us. Then, I got a text from Shell, and I decided to invite her along, since it had been so long since I've seen her. It was fantastic seeing the three of them and hanging out!

I met Leigha after her class was done at the mall, and we just shopped around. I was going to a birthday party on Sunday, and my brother's birthday was approaching, so I had to get the two of them some presents and cards. Soon, Abbey was off work and could join us as well. We ended up going to a nearby Chapters to browse around, and I ended up buying a book for myself for only $6.99 called "Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict." I'm reading it right now, and it's pretty good.

Shell was coming from a nearby city, and we decided to meet at the restaurant. How fun it was! I also gave Shell her birthday present from myself (though, her birthday was a while ago), because I hadn't seen her in months. I was the only one who actually ate a full meal though, at the restaurant haha. Leigha had to leave a bit early, so she had already eaten while we were at the mall, and decided to only order dessert at the restaurant. Abbey-Shae was feeling a bit under the weather so she only ordered an appetizer and some ginger ale. Shell, I guess, wasn't that hungry, so she ordered the same appetizer as Abbey. But I had my favourite meal at the restaurant, and was quite full and pleased haha.

Leigha had to leave, but Abbey-Shae, Shell, and I went back to the Chapters to look at more books. (Can you tell we're book-aholics, too?) We browsed different books, but then ended up in the wedding magazine section. My, oh my, how I'd love to have a wedding magazine, though I think that would be a little strange, considering I'm not even in a relationship at all right now. But we all picked our favourite dresses, and flipped through the pages to get different ideas. There was a cover of one of the magazines that had this model with just the perfect make-up. Shell, especially, really liked it. I can't remember the magazine name, though for the life of me. And I also told Shell that maybe she should switch her wedding colour to pink, rather than red, because she seemed drawn to many pictures featuring the colour haha. Though, I'm not sure Frank Austin would be so thrilled!

Soon, though, it was time for Chapters to close, and so we headed out. There was a Starbucks nearby, so we walked over to it. I cannot believe how PACKED it was, though, so late at night. (I guess that's what I have to look forward to, huh, as a Starbucks employee!) There were no seats available at all, so we had to stand there for a few minutes before some freed up. Then, it was time for just chilling and chatting. SO MUCH FUN. We talked about the future, about weddings, about having kids... and came to the conclusion that we will all start having kids in about 7 years haha. We said that we want our kids to be friends, and were fantasizing about it all. ;) We talked about names, too. Abbey is still thinking of a girl's name, and Shell is having a hard time with boy names because Frank Austin wants their first son's middle name to be the same as his father's first name, which is a very Spanish-sounding name that doesn't go with a lot. Let's just say it's Federico, even though it's not. (Abbey-Shae joked that Shell should write an autobiography or something and call it "In the Name of Federico!" Hahaha.) But I think I've come up with two names that I would like to name my future children. (For now, anyways!) Peter and Audrey. ...But we'll see how it goes! Who knows. I've changed my mind so many times about names. And I have plenty of time left to decide! ;) We had so much fun, though, talking about the future and weddings (Shell and Abbey both think I'll get married before them, which I truly don't believe. Especially considering they're both in serious relationships at the moment, and I have no prospect in sight.)

Oh, and it was funny, though, because it was soon getting quite late, and Abbey-Shae said that she had to go if she was going to catch a bus to get to her boyfriend Krystian's house. But, it was dark and rainy, and I told her I could give her a ride. She was just being stubborn, and we were bickering about it. She then pulled out her Bible to pick a random passage, as if only a divine sign from God would keep her from getting on the next bus. And the passage she randomly opened to? It said something about being a prostitute or something haha. So, needless to say, she stayed in Starbucks until we all left, and I gave her a ride.

All in all, it was such a fun night out with friends. I love you all! Hearts. We will see what the future holds for all of us!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast. Sad that I had to miss so much of it. Of course you guys ended up talking about weddings. <3 you guys though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad you could come at all! It was so great seeing you. <3 And yes, of course we ended up talking about weddings. :) Hehe.

    ReplyDelete