Friday, June 8, 2012

June Just Jumped (Out of Nowhere)

Whoa!  How did it get to June already???  June means a lot of things.  The start of summer is approaching.  The end of school for some.  Father's Day.  Icelandic Independence Day.  Bike Month in British Columbia, Canada.
Oh, and did I mention Shell's wedding???

...I really can't believe it's almost upon us!  And I'm not talking about Bike Month.  Because that's already started, people!  Haha.  But, no, really, I am sooo incredibly thrilled that Shell and Frank Austin are tying the knot so soon!  I've only been waiting for... forever to celebrate with them!  Well, maybe not forever.  But it sure seems like it sometimes.  Haha.  (I kid, I kid!  Sortta.  Hehe.)

The other day, Linnea, Shell and I went and picked up our bridesmaid dresses!  I'm not posting pictures of anything yet, but they are GORGEOUS!  I'm so happy with how they turned out.  And we only paid $165 for them - not too bad, considering... All in all, the three of us had a lovely day.  We also had the chance to pick out our jewelry from my favourite store, Le Chateau, which Shell generously paid for!  I think everything is going to be just perfect, the day of.

We also recently had Shell's wedding shower, which went so wonderfully.  It was a nice, quiet affair at Shell's parents' house.  I ended up wearing this cute red dress I have with nude peep-toe heels.  Shell wore a super cute white dress that she had bought at Le Chateau when we got our wedding jewelry.  (Linnea also bought a really pretty blue dress at the same time, which she wore.)  At the shower, we started off by just socializing for a bit before Shell arrived.  Linnea is a hairdresser and had done Shell's hair BEAUTIFULLY for the shower, so she looked stunning from head to toe.  When she got there, we all had some appetizers and sat down for a game Shell's sister Rebekkah had planned - a quiz on how well we knew Shell!  And can I just say, it was actually quite difficult!  I got the top score with 12.5 out of 20.  Haha.  I think I had the only "passing" score, as well.  (As I said, it was hard!)  I got a Starbucks gift card for winning.  Yay!  Then, Shell went ahead and opened her gifts.  There were quite a few items from her registry, which was awesome.  I got her all these kitchen supplies: a cookbook that was called "Cooking for Two," an apron that said "Kitchen Diva," and some other items such as a heart-shaped dish, measuring spoons and a little whisk.  It was such a nice shower, and we all had a chance to write a little note on some scrapbooking pages for Shell to keep.

I cannot believe that Shell's wedding is almost here, though.  Soon she'll be Mrs. Rios - no longer an Upton, like I've always known her to be.  It's just a crazy thought.  Well, maybe crazy isn't quite the right word, but, well... I've known Shell since we both started highschool together.  We were in the same band class and a friendship soon sparked between her, Sydnee, and me.  What fun times we've had!  I remember going on a band trip in grade nine, and my, oh, my.  What crazy (and this time, I do mean crazy... well, as crazy as innocent grade niners can get!) things we were up to.  Haha.  And I remember other times, like going to scrapbooking bees together, and youth group all-nighters, and birthday parties, and having Spanish class with crazy substitutes, and shopping trips, and seeing Phantom of the Opera together (first when the movie came out and then when the play finally came to our city... and having a countdown of over a hundred days)...  All these little, important moments in my life that I cling to, remembering fondly.  And now Shell is going to be a married lady, ready to start another chapter in her life, write another story to remember for years to come.  And I'm going to be there when she says her vows; it'll be yet another special moment - one for the books!  I am so thrilled to be standing up there as her bridesmaid.  She has been such a great friend over the past years...  Love you, Shell!

No comments:

Post a Comment