Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The October Wedding

Alright, so enough time has passed. I really need to blog about the October Wedding. So, here you go!
Well, let's just say: my, oh, my. It was a beautiful wedding. Eli and Leah got married in a church and they had it decorated beautifully. The theme was a fall wedding, and there were pumpkins everywhere, yellow, red, and orange flowers, and tulle with leaves and butterflies in them. Here, you can see the front of the church, how they had draped tulle above the cross.


The ceremony included Leah's father singing a song to the newlyweds, and the couple combining black and white sand together into a heart-shaped jar. It was also so sweet because as the bride came down the aisle, she was crying; and then I looked back at the groom, and he was crying, too! Such tears of happiness. It was so sweet to see. And the ceremony itself was so beautiful. The pastor really talked about how a marriage should be based on God, and there was a real emphasis on putting your trust and faith in Him to guide you. It was awesome to hear.

At 5ish, we went to the reception. Our table was decorated like this:

It was a lovely reception, too. The speeches were hilarious and heart-warming, the food good, and the location beautiful.
Here is the cake that they had:
Look carefully to see what the bride is doing!!! (Too funny!)
Then, it was time for the First Dance of the couple. It was great! it wasn't exactly conventional, but it wasn't weird, at all. Just a great first dance. Eli sported a fedora all throughout it. Here he is, with his new wife Leah being dipped and kissed!
All in all, it was a LOVELY wedding. I'd write more, but the battery on my laptop is about to die and the charge cord isn't working for some reason... (Don't ask me why! But I hope it gets fixed!)
Anyways, that's all for now!
Love,
Maid Marian

PS. Did I mention my shoes??

No comments:

Post a Comment