Sunday, March 24, 2013

P & P

Okay, in literature, which novel would you say is quintessentially ROMANTIC?  If you said "Pride and Prejudice" without even hesitating, you and I are on the same wavelength.  I have always been a lover of Jane Austen's work, ever since I watched "Sense and Sensibility" with my mom and sister when I was a little girl, and so when I finally read P&P (and watched the BBC version, and the Keira Knightley film), I fell even more in love with the era where love wasn't necessarily guaranteed, but it was oh-so-valued and seen as beautiful.  And so, when I discovered that Hank Green of the Vlogbrothers had started making a web series based on P&P, I didn't hesitate to spend a whole day, practically, going through the episodes.  And so, now, I share it with you.  One of the most beloved love stories of our time, a book which has become the archetype of many modern-day novels, in vlog format.  It is really amazing, and I highly recommend the series if you're a Austen fan like I am, or just in general, a wedding- and romance-aholic like me!  Haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment