Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weddings on the Horizon

So I went out the other day with Sydnee to go see "Avatar" ... how impossible do you think that would be? I mean, it's been playing for how many weeks already? So we go to our local theatre... It is a MAD HOUSE. And the movie's sold out. Figures, huh? Even our back-up was sold out, which I think is because it was EVERYONE'S back-up plan. So, instead we drove a half-hour to an adjacent town to go see it. We get there... and it's EVEN CRAZIER!!!! People were parking illegally. And not just parking in no-parking zones, but dangerously parking, so that half the lane was taken up with a parked car and we all had to take turns getting out. It was actually so crazy. I don't know how many times someone almost hit Sydnee's car, or how many times we got honked at -- all not our fault, either! -- and guess what? While Sydnee was trying desparately to find a parking spot, which there were NONE of, I ran into the theatre, which is huge, I might add, and NOTHING. All the show times for the next coming while are sold out. And our back-ups. So much for that idea, huh? (We're going to try again Wednesday. Are we crazy or what? But maybe the middle of the week will be better than a Saturday night!)

So, instead, we went bowling, and ate at a Mediterranean grill kind of restaurant. The bowling was fun, but slightly expensive. And the food was really good. I had this wrap, like a donair, and it was so good! And Syd had calamarie. She gave me some to try, and I have to say it wasn't half bad. Though there were some scarier looking ones on her plate that even she didn't dare to touch. But ANYWAYS (all of this has a point). Our talk drifted to wedding talk (see, I told you!), of course, and though Sydnee isn't much of a wedding-aholic like I am, or like Shell is, we still talked about it. And we came to the conclusion that it's just too darn expensive! That's the only reason that she isn't married. She and her fella Keegan have been 'engaged' for a while actually. I thought it was kind of informal, but it isn't really. He really did go down on one knee and do the whole shpeal. So, she's thinking of doing, eventually, a back-yard wedding, and even making it a pot-luck dinner. I thought this was interesting, even though I am all for the Whole-Nine-Yards kind of wedding... It has potential to be a sweet wedding, and I told her I'd help her with it when the time comes haha. (She was very much into that! Lol.)

So, maybe there are weddings on the near-horizon for me... Shell (if Frank Austin ever pops the question), and Sydnee...

And maybe, just maybe, mine's on the horizon, too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment