Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blah-de-Blah-de-Blah

This morning I had a lovely text-athon with Sydnee while on the bus to school. Though, it's sad, we still haven't been able to get together, which is partly my fault. As Sydnee said, I'm "busier than the president" this semester haha. Yes, it's true. Unfortunately. My days are spent either at school or at church, and I don't get home until about 10 every night. Though, I'm having a lot of fun with the church play I'm involved in. Did I tell you about that? I don't have a big part or anything, but it's still wonderful. It's going to be a fifties style dinner theatre, and my friend Abbey-Shae and I (and about a dozen or so others) are Wait Staff, meaning we get to make up our own character and wait on tables. It's a lot of fun. I decided my character is named Connie and her dream in life is to be the perfect housewife... and she thinks that dream will come true now that she's met "Roger." She spends her time dreaming about her wedding (wonder where I got that inspiration!) and tells everyone that she's almost engaged (even though she and Roger only really danced one dance together at the Do-Wop Hop)... It's been a lot of fun, though definitely challenging at times. I've never been part of a play at all, and I've only ever really done a couple of skits. And this whole imrov thing is pretty much all new to me. But yeah, as I said, it's a lot of fun. And we get to dance in it! The music is all 50s music and it's so much fun - if not a workout, though! Every practice, we're all just sweating buckets from all the jumping, kicking, 'chugging' (a fifties dance move with a partner), skipping, twisting, not to mention the quick chassés and relevés we have to do... And all in character! But yeah, it's been a ton of fun. (And I'm telling you, I'm going to be so in shape at the end of this!) Though, as I said, it's not left much room for socializing. And I can't believe how much I've missed in Syd's life recently... They're moving into their condo in a couple of months and have already bought all the furniture, Keegan's sister Kiera moved out into an apartment, and Syd has also decided on a new career and starts school next semester. I joked that I better not have missed the wedding, too, now! Haha. But she assured me I hadn't. :P Though, we really do need to get this ball rolling.... If only life wasn't so hectic. How does one plan a wedding amidst all this craziness?
What else is new? Welllll.... despite my best efforts, I like someone kind of at the moment... Let's call him Tristen. He's just really sweet and lots of fun. But we'll see what happens, if anything. With my track record, I'm not counting on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment