Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's Invitation Time!

And here they are! The mock-ups of Sydnee's invitations! I think they turned out nicely! Of course these are just the 'rough copy' so to speak. When we actually make them, we will measure them properly and such. There are still a few things we need to figure out, but this was just about designing the basic concept. Also, in the top left-hand corner of the front, we want it to say something like "K + S" and then the date in the bottom right corner. But anyways. Enough talking. Here they are!
The front...

Opening it up... (Like my "photos" ? Haha. There will be little black and white ones in the place of my BEAUTIFUL drawings LOL. Doesn't it look just like them?)

And the other flap...


Ta-da! It's opened! In the middle is where all the information will be, and then there will probably be an insert for the RSVP card.


The back...


The table after we were done with it: :)
It was a lot of fun to do! Not as hard as I imagined it might be... We just needed to get going and do it! Woohoo! Now for ACTUALLY making them all...

6 comments:

  1. This idea is great! I really like the colour scheme as well. Hehe I'm going bridesmaid dress shopping tomorrow (well, today now lol). So many weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, glad you like them! ;)
    Oooh, bridesmaid dress shopping? Did you find anything? What colour? And this is for ... "Lana"'s wedding? Anything good out there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what? It's yellow! Not entirely, though. It's so pretty- can't wait to show you :) We bought them from Le Chateau. They don't have any pictures of the dress on their site, unfortunately. They just got them in, so maybe they'll be on the site later. It's a yellow and black dress. The top part is entirely black (I think polyester), with a sweetheart neckline and cap sleeves. It has an empire waist, and below the waist the material is yellow, white, black, and silver patterned satin. The hem is asymmetrical. Hope you can almost picture that haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH! So exciting! I wanna see, I wanna see! Haha. I actually went to the site to see if they put a picture of it up since you wrote this comment. But no such luck. Haha. I guess I'll have to be patient, then. Boo. But it sounds gorgeous. Can I ask how much, approximately? Did you already buy it then?
    I love how I'm totally creeping her wedding lol. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha :P We bought them already. The dress was $150. We ended up buying matching jewelry as well, and I still need shoes, so the total will be around $200 plus taxes. I'm glad we didn't end up going to an actual bridal store! And we avoided paying HST lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet. And good call on the HST - didn't even think of that. (Stupid Liberals.)
    Man, I wanna see the dress! I keep checking back at Le Chateau's website and seeing if they've posted it, but I think I'm pushing my luck. :P I'll just have to see it in person one of these days.

    ReplyDelete