Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Great Day With Sydnee

Today after school, I went to Sydnee's house. We had planned on making mock-up invitations, but at the last minute, she had to babysit. But, no problem! I just watched the kids with her. They were super cute! Xander was five, and loves life! I wish I was that age again, sometimes! ;) We went to a nearby elementary school and played soccer and badminton and then went to the swings... After a bit of running around, Sydnee, Xander and I went back to Sydnee's house where Xander's sister Coral had just been dropped off. We decided to order pizza and then walk to go pick it up from a local Dominoes. It was a lovely evening. The clouds were tinged with orange from the sunset, and the sky was a beautiful dusk blue. The kids were so fun to walk with, just talking about silly things. And then, we had the smell of pizza, bread sticks, and cinnamon sticks in our hands as we walked back home. Mmm! It was just a beautiful day. And gave me a glimpse of what it might be like to be a mom with Sydnee. :) She was really good with the kids and we all had a lot of fun.

After eating all the delicious food (it hardly all fit on the table and we had to keep shuffling boxes around!) Sydnee and I set to work on those invitations. There are so many ideas out there, we hardly knew where to start! But, finally we got some inspiration. Syd had bought some beautiful blue and brown metallic-y paper from the dollar store, so we played around with that. Unfortunately, though, the ink that Sydnee had bought that she THOUGHT was silver and gold, ended up being purple and bronze!! Whoops. So we didn't have any stamps to put on it. But we will. It actually DID look like silver and gold ink, and nowhere on the package did it say what colours they were. Ah well, I guess that's what happens when you buy stuff from a dollar store. You win some and you lose some! But the mock-up turned out really well, I think. I can't wait to post pictures. I took some on my camera, but I can't think of where my uploader cord is right now... and besides the whole house is asleep at the moment, so I can't very well go looking for it, anyways! But I promise, I will upload the pictures soon! (You'll just have to be kept in suspense for the time being!) We're really happy with how they turned out - simple yet elegant and fresh. Now, we just have to ACTUALLY make them properly (ugh... measuring?) and then duplicate them forty times... So that will be fun!

Life really is just so very beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment