Thursday, March 25, 2010

Planning Sydnee's Wedding

So, yesterday, Sydnee and I got together over coffee to go over wedding details!!! It's SO exciting. I am just LOOOOOOOVING it! It feels like we talked about a lot. And I gave her my embarrassingly long document about wedding details. It was nine pages, double-sided, I believe. :S But it contained some useful information, I think.
I love planning with Sydnee, though. She's so laidback and isn't at all a demanding bridezilla! Oh, and guess what? My friend Acacia is going to be doing her wedding photos! Acacia is a wonderful photographer, and I think it will be a good ... wow, marriage is the only word I can think of. Haha. But it will be a good match. Beneficial to everyone involved: Acacia gets some mula as well as some wedding pictures to add to her portfolio, and Sydnee gets beatiful photos for a fraction of the price she'd be paying if she got them done by some crazily overpriced professional. And Acacia's photos really ARE beautiful. Like, REALLY beautiful. She has a good eye!
We also talked about colours: Sydnee is thinking either brown and turquoise (beautiful), or else maybe plum with another colour. She isn't sure though, what could go with plum. She was thinking white, but also thought that might be too plain. I don't know. Pale gold, maybe? Or a touch of green? Or... Hmm... I don't know.
We also were talking about dates, because some venues go up in price, depending on the date. But, the ones she has in mind now, don't. So, she might be having the wedding in July 2011, since the weather is more likely to be cooperative. BUT, she was thinking of going to Mexico or the Dominican Republic for her honeymoon, and so she was wondering if it would be too hot then, there. Hmm hmm hmm... There are so many little details you have to consider when planning a wedding!
Anyways, we talked about a lot more, but that's all I'll post about for now!
Miss Marian

2 comments:

  1. I love how you post this all on your blog :) Acacia's doing the photos? That's awesome! I couldn't make any of her photography sessions unfortunately, but I've looked at some of her stuff on her website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I post it all! :)
    Yes, Acacia's doing the photos! She's really excited. Yeah, I couldn't make it to her sessions either. Leigha, Rosie, Abbey and I were thinking of doing a shoot but we never got around to it. But I love her work!

    ReplyDelete