Saturday, January 8, 2011

I had this post in my drafts...

I started this post a little while ago, but then I got distracted and never posted it. Here you go!

Just got back from a lovely coffee date with Shell. So much fun! :) We talked about so many things: weddings, weddings, weddings... Oh yeah, and a few other things. ;) Haha. Just kidding. That's not all we talked about. But the subject did come up. We were talking about different proposals, for one. So many crazy, wonderful, creative ideas. Shell heard of one guy once tying the ring to a balloon and giving it to the girl he wanted to ask. But she didn't realize the ring was on the balloon and let go of it when he finally popped the question! Could you believe it?? Crazy. I think when a guy finally pops the question to me, I just want something romantic and meaningful. Not gimicky, but not too simple. I want it to be thoughtful. Special. But, I guess the proposal doesn't matter as much as the guy does! Haha.

Sometimes, I think about what qualities I look for in a man. Someone I know did that, putting "handyman" at the top of her list. And guess what? She met a man a few months later who was definitely a handyman! Haha. But I often pray for the man I'm going to marry. Is that strange? A bit? Especially since I don't know who he is? I wonder where he is at this exact moment. Does he ever think of me? Or do guys not even concern themselves with silly questions like that? Sometimes, I wonder if I know him already. Abbey-Shae and I were talking a while back, wondering about the concept of "the One." Does everyone have a "the One?" Because some people seem to have many. And some none at all. The conclusion I came to is that I think that the person we marry is based on destiny, that God has the perfect person in mind for us. But I also think, as a people given free-choice, our decisions have a huge impact on our future. Like our future is constantly changing and only God knows where it will end up. Does that make sense at all? I don't know. I think about this way too much, I think.

Marriage is in my future, I'm sure. I just don't know when or how. But I do know that I trust my Father. He will guide me down the right path. My choice is to listen to His voice and follow Him.

Anyways. Just some random musings. I really did have a lovely time with Shell. I'm so grateful to have her and my other friends in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment