Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Flowers, Châteaux, and Centrepieces... I Love Weddings!

So, I haven't blogged about Sydnee's wedding for a while. I got together with her, oh, like a month ago, probably. We actually went to a local florist's to talk about flowers, as well as to a local grocery store. It actually turns out that turquoise-blue flowers don't come naturally so you're looking to either dye them, or what the florist suggested, spray them. Interesting little tidbit. She also suggested going with white flowers and then bringing in colour with bits of ribbon and such. So, I'll keep you updated!

Also, when I last talked to Sydnee about it, she's now thinking of this venue because the other one was more expensive than she thought, originally. But this new one is so beautiful, I think.
Here is the indoor option for the ceremony. Sydnee has been to a wedding here before, and she said it looked beautiful. I think it has a lot of potential, and is a great space for a wedding! (Love the chandeliers.)
And here is the outdoor option for the ceremony.
This is called the Hidden Garden or something. How romantic! ;)
Here's the back of the Chateau. Isn't it lovely?

And, the front of the Chateau - a great place to pose for pictures, I think! Though the whole place is really gorgeous. But I especially think, with its white pillars and such, this is a great place to take the wedding photos.


Also, when I saw Sydnee, we went to a dollar store to get some ideas for centrepieces among other things. We found these really nice fake white flowers, and then we were thinking of putting them in vases with some long sticks maybe or these blue, sparkly sort of conifer branches (they look sort of like branches from a tree I think is called Lawson's Cypress). But then, Sydnee had another idea, of having floating candles in vases, which is so cool. And then, we also found these blue stones that were really neat. So many options! But it was good to get an idea of what's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment