Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Royal Wedding

I was reading one of those kind of trashy, gossip-y magazines, and it talked about Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden's marriage to Daniel Westling, her personal trainer (you can tell that match was for love!). I just had to blog about it, though I couldn't find very many pictures online. In the magazine, it showed what the flowergirls and page boys were wearing etc. etc. But I finally found these pictures off of the magazine's website, hellomagazine.com. It gives you an idea of the wedding at least!


Isn't this such a sweet photo? I think it really sums up the love they must have for each other. Just look at that look Princess Victoria has in her eyes! Aww...! :P Haha.

The wedding fashion for the guests in Sweden is different than that of other countries, such as England. In Sweden, the women wear long, beautiful dresses (I saw some pictures in the magazine - they were all absolutely STUNNING) and the royals all wear their crowns (which I think is neat. I mean, it sounds kind of backwards, but you don't normally see a royal in a crown, that often!). Totally different than the tradition in England, where the ladies wear a skirt/suit combo and...

...crazy hats.

This is Princess Beatrice at Peter Phillips' wedding to Autumn Kelly. Below her is Kate Middleton, Prince William's girlfriend, at the wedding of Nicholas van Cutsem, wearing a more 'conventional' hat. But I think it's still a bit of a silly custom, and I much prefer Sweden's custom of long dresses and crowns! Hehe. ;)

But anyways, back to the Crown Princess of Sweden's wedding. Isn't this a beautiful shot?

They DEFINITELY married for love. He is so geeky-looking. Haha. But I think it's really cute, and she looks beautiful.


Anyways. That's a royal wedding for you! :)

2 comments:

  1. This was a while ago, but I love the way you put it together. I wish one day, I'll also marry for love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks! I'm sure you will. That's my dream, too! :)

    ReplyDelete